Wednesday, July 26, 2006












…there’s this man walking across a beach and HE… he’s quite… he’s the main sort of person in the film… and you’re… the main man… he’s very out of place on this beach you know cos all the holiday makers are there and they’re all in their… they’re all in their summer gear you know and there’s lots of noises of people you know the sort… if you hear them… sort of at a distance… almost the noises of people at the beach and the sea and the children and he… he’s dressed in his MACK he’s got his mack on and he’s he’s sort of like he’d be in his probably maybe fifties sixties and he’s got a rolled up umbrella I think to walk around with… and the main thing about it was that I remember was this man walking around the place on his TIPTOES like he’d go up on his feet and back down…well I got taken to see it was probably something like Bambi or you know a Disney film when I was little and this this image of this man… so anyway there was this B-Movie on before the main feature and I just remember… it just it just stuck in my memory this image of this man walking across a beach on his tiptoes and I never knew it sort of was like it stuck itself on my memory and then years later… and I mean I sometimes thought god I wonder what that was that movie or that person that was in that movie and then years later I happened to see the film and I looked and I saw it and I thought god that’s who it was and that’s the film that I saw as a kid and it was Monsieur Hulot… Monsieur Hulot’s Holiday…

No comments: